Job Title: Part time Digital Designer
Type: Part-time, fixed term (6 months)
Hours: 14 hours per week
Rate of pay: £16,700 pro rota
Location: Based at Luton Campus
Start date: 1st May 2015
Responsible to: Digital Media Co-ordinator/ Communications and Marketing Manager
Responsible for: Student Staff on occasions
Functional relationships: Beds SU Managers/University/Sabbatical Officers/CEO
The aim of the Students’ Union is to support and enhance the educational, social, cultural and recreational activities and opportunities of the student body, and to provide a channel of communication for students with the University, National Union of Students and other external organisations.
This role works to ensure the consistent implementation of our visual brand identity; development of written publications. The design of posters and other marketing material. The post will also be responsible for managing key marketing updates, such as posters and distribution, as well as other day-to-day needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensure the continued implementation and development of the Union’s visual brand.
2. Contribute to the development of creative and effective marketing campaigns.
3. Assist in the marketing and delivery of annual events and activities.
4. Design and printing of Union publicity and promotional material.
5. Ensuring all publicity and promotional material is ready for distribution on time and to the highest possible standard.
6. Promote and provide artistic/design support when needed for Union campaigning, club and society events and other Union events as required.
7. Occasionally work outside normal office hours, including evenings and weekends, to support student activities and open days, both within the Student’s Union premises and outside.
8. Aid in the maintenance and production of web graphics for the website and ensure all content is frequently updated
This post will report directly to the Digital Media Co-ordinator & Communications and Marketing Manager.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
Educated to degree level.
A Design based degree.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Experience of producing news stories for online and print.
Experience of proofing and editing copy.
Experience of prioritising high workloads.
Production of web graphics for the website
A strong working knowledge of social media platforms.
Good IT skills including Word, Excel, Power point, Databases, Social Networking, Web Management.
Experience of using a content management system.
Ability to communicate across a range of media channels.
Ability to build and manage relationships within the Union and with working partners.
Ability to provide support and guidance to student staff and volunteers.
Attention to detail.
Excellent Opportunity, Apply Today!
Please send your CV and covering letter (both saved in the same Word document, as ONE attachment), including links to your online portfolio with relevant examples of your recent work, to:
by 27 March 2015, 10:00 am